Won by Bridget McDaniels, Shamelle Belcher & April Murray
Back in 2008 when I first started my natural journey, I had no clue whether or not I was going to big chop or just ride things out with a long transition. I was not even sure I even knew what transitioning meant logistically. How would I care for my hair? What would it look like? Everything was a confusing blur.
Some women are a little better than me at making decisions, they know that they absolutely do not want to big chop and transitioning long term is the only way to go for them. There was only one problem with doing that back then, though there were techniques like long term protective styling, there were not a lot of transitioning systems or products geared specifically towards helping the ‘non big chopper’ in her journey.
Today things are a little different, companies are starting to recognize that a woman might actually just want to keep her hair while she transitions and get this, she might just want to wear her hair straight using heat. We know heat gets a bad rap but we have countless examples of women vocal and non vocal who use heat regularly in their regimen without any pain or long term damage. The formula is simple, stretch your heat sessions like you used to stretch your relaxer and use great products.
Goin Natural Morargan Gold Straight transition is trying to bridge the gap in the transitioning market with products like their Thermic Blend Solution. This is a great option for women going through the transitioning process and want to do it long term with the option of rocking straight hair. The Goin’ Natural company takes this option very seriously and introduces their product expertly below:
Through extensive research of the transitioning process for women desiring to be natural, we are excited to introduce Goin’ Natural Morargan Gold™ STRAIGHT TRANSITION Thermic Blend Solution,” said Vicelia Tinde, Vice President of Sales, Asili Beauty Products. “Our powerful fusion of aminokeratins, which comprises our Thermic Blend Solution, works synergistically to provide the straight, natural look you desire without permanently altering the state of your hair.” Goin’ Natural Morargan Gold™ STRAIGHT TRANSITION Thermic Blend Solution empowers women to transition from relaxer to natural without the – Big Chop!
They have six products in the line, all with organic natural ingredients and tailored towards helping the transitioner transition the way she chooses without the fear of damage or the sudden need to big chop.
- The Pure Moroccan Oil is rich in vitamins A E and F infused with antioxidants and great for your hair.
- The Straight Transition Thermic Blend Solution is their best seller and is made up of Keratin and Amino Acids allowing for safe straightening and heat use.
- The Rare Moisture Butter moisturizes and seals with all natural ingredients great for twists and braids.
- Silk Twist Curl and Edge Control Gel, works wonders on those edges, imparts moisture to the hair and allows for definition in styles.
- The Coconut love ‘Co-wash’ Moisture Rich Conditioner restores hydration with its unique blend of coconut oil and natural humectants.
- The Coconut Elixir Moisturizing Shampoo not only helps the hair retain moisture it helps to detangle too. It is a special blend of coconut extract and argan oil.
And that’s only a snippet! Not only are the products awesome but they have graciously decided to do a give away to three lucky BHI readers who will win a Pure Moroccan Oil & a Silk Twist Curl and Edge Control Gel. So put on your spectacles gals, here is what you need to do:
How To Enter:
1. For 5 entries please like Goin’ Nartural on Facebook in the widget below. You still get an entry even if you already like the page.
2. For 5 entries please like Black Hair Information on Facebook in the widget below. You still get an entry even if you already like the page.
3. For 10 additional entries, scroll down and add a comment to this post answering the question ‘How long did you or are you planning to transition for?’ Once you are done scroll back up and click ‘I commented’ in the widget and that’s it!
|a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms & Conditions
1. The competition will run from June 30th 2013 to July 9th 2013.
2. Winners will be picked at random and will be contacted via email as well as announced in the newsletter on July 10th 2013. Please subscribe to the newsletter and add BHI to your safe senders list. If you win but don’t respond within 2 days another winner will be picked at random (but why wouldn’t you respond?)
3. Only open to US residents.
4. No cash alternative for this giveaway.
5. The product will be shipped directly by GoinNatural. BlackHairInformation.com cannot take responsibility for the quality or condition of the product when it arrives.
If you absolutely cannot wait to see if you’ve won or you reach this giveaway after it has ended, you can still purchase the product directly from Goin Natural.