Pages: 1 2
This sounds like something straight out of a horror story book and with today being Halloween you would imagine that it is a crank tale but alas it is reported as true.
Let me give you a moment while you read an excerpt from the below article found on ireporterstv:
Nairobi, Kenya: Irene Myangoh, a personal assistant working at a law firm in Nairobi went to an up market hair salon along Kenyatta Avenue, and spent more than N5, 500 on a human hair weave. Two weeks later she started suffering from severe headache that would not go away. She would wake up with severe headache at night. She went to a private doctor who gave her drugs for the relief of mild to moderate pain of inflammatory origin with or without fever; they would only work for a few hours and then the headache would be back worse than even before.
Desperate, she went to see a specialist who did blood tests and even a brain scan. All the tests were negative but the headache persisted, making her unable to concentrate at work and sleeping very poorly. She went back to her doctor who decided to examine her scalp and under the beautiful weave he found worms!
The worms were burrowing into her skull and after sending the samples to the lab they found that the hair had eggs from which the worms had hatched. The doctor told her that the hair was probably from a corpse because those worms are usually found on dead bodies.
Irene had to take antibiotics and shave her head after this traumatic event. The manager of the salon where Irene got the hair is said to be shocked that this happened as she imports the weaves from the UK, USA and India.
Although the manager didn’t want to be named, she has promised to follow up and compensate the woman in question on the matter.
The story goes on…
Elsewhere, 16-year-old girl from Buruburu, a Nairobi surburb, also suffered the same fate but unfortunately for her she died. Cobweb eggs were found in her hair after she died. There was a profound cobweb design in her weaved hair. She dropped dead after constant headaches. The root cause? The weave had unnoticed spider eggs. The warmth produced after weaving provided a very conducive environment for the eggs to hatch. A spider grew in her scalp and bit her. The poison found its way to her blood. She could not survive the attack.
Pages: 1 2