Relaxed hair care can be a touch cookie to crack if you don’t know what you are doing but not at all difficult to care for when done right.
If you have resolved to have healthy relaxed hair this year then you may want to get cracking on planning and executing a healthy hair regimen for your hair.
The best way to start your journey is to create a plan of action and stick to it. Here are Five steps you can take to start a basic regimen geared towards healthy hair.
1. Make a list of all the products you will need – a basic list should include all or most of the following:
- A water based moisturizer- This will help with combating hair that is naturally dry, make sure that the moisturizer has ‘water’ as its first ingredient on the list.
- A light oil or heavy oil depending on your needs, the oil will be used to seal the moisture into the hair, for pre poos, scalp massages or just adding a natural sheen to the hair.
- A moisture based shampoo – Try any sulfate free variety.
- A clarifying shampoo- These can be easily found online or at your local beauty supply store.
- A moisture based conditioner – This will be used in between washes for an additional boost of moisture.
- A protein based conditioner – Proteins are essential to any hair regimen but they are especially important with relaxed hair; they help to build and make the strands strong so that they can resist breakage.
- Henna is optional however trying a henna treatment can serve as a natural alternative to protein. Henna adds strength to the hair and helps it to withstand the effects of the relaxer.
- Heat Protectant – You may decide to use heat occasionally or regularly it just depends on what you want for your hair. Using heat sparingly helps with keeping the hair healthy and using heat protectant can help to protect the hair during those times when using heat is necessary.
- The relaxer – Pick the relaxer that is best for you and stick with it. It may take some trial and error as you experiment with different brands, but once you find your match, no need to keep trying new ones.
Pages: 1 2