Enjoy Your Hair Journey As You Grow It Long
Once basic good hair care practices have become second nature you are free to experiment with your hair. There is still plenty to learn about hair care however. For instance, learning styling techniques that help rather than hinder your length retention efforts as well as gaining a deeper understanding into the inner workings of your hair and the products you choose to use.
The point of learning the ins and outs of hair care is not to put your stylist, out of business, you can still use a stylist’s services as often as you want, but rather to get you to a point where you truly know your own hair. Once you can tell straight away whether you hair needs moisture or protein it will be plain sailing all the way to long hair nirvana!
So now you have learned how to take care of your hair and you have an excellent regimen, you will want to know how to style your hair without compromising its health. Enjoy simple protective styles along with more extravagant hairdos!
Recent articles in ‘Styling’
- How To Do “Invisible Part” Weaves – Two Methods Of Installation
- How Protective Styling Could Be Doing More Harm Than Good In Your HHJ
- How To Blow Dry Natural Hair Using The Tension Method
- Transitioning 101 – Styling Your Hair
- Study Shows That Blow Drying Is Healthier Than Air Drying: Should We Be Concerned?
- Achieving Your Perfect Wash And Go
- Soften, Straighten and Trim 4c Natural Hair – How Often Do You Trim?
- Avoiding Flakes and ‘Gooey’ White Balls When Mixing Your Gels and Moisturizers
- Sporting A TWA? Here Are Ways To Jazz Up Your Look This Season
- 3 Survival Tips For Bleached Or Color Treated Hair
HAIR TREATMENTS & RECIPES
If you are a budding kitchen alchemist you will love our collection of hair moisturizing treatments & conditioners, protein treatments, masks and spritzes Home made hair products are both cost effective and you don’t have to worry about any hidden nasties!
Recent articles in ‘Hair Treatments & Recipes’
- Winter Weather – DIY Natural Oil Spray For Dry Hair And Skin
- Black Tea Rinse For Shiny Locs
- Apply The Benefits of Chocolate to Achieve Healthy Hair
- Cassia May Be Your Answer To Damage From The Elements And Manipulation This Christmas
- Want Thick Silky Shiny Hair Without Changing Your Color? – Cassia Obovata May Be The Answer
- Egg Protein, Tea Rinses And Garlic Conditioner Tutorials For Shedding and Breakage
- What Are Tea Rinses And How Do They Benefit Your Hair?
- Two Surprisingly Easy But Effective Homemade Braid Sprays
- Five Detangling Cocktails To Make Wash Day A Breeze
- 5 Unique Pre-Poo Recipes To Spice Up Your Hair Regimen
HAIR STORIES & QUESTIONS
In this category real life women share their hair stories and experiences with BHI. They share their regimens, favorite products, hairstyles and tips for healthy hair. Learn from other women’s experiences to tweak your own regimen to perfection.
Recent articles in ‘Hair Stories & Questions’
- My Hair Story – Katia
- My Hair Story- Sonteé (Tasha’s little Girl)
- My Hair Story – Shannon
- My Hair Story – Tia
- My Hair Story – Bernadetta
- My Hair Story – Brittani
- My Hair Story – Leila
- My Hair Story – Jasmine
- My Hair Story – Indie
- My Hair Story – Brittni Lee
These are special articles picked out by the editor that it would be to your advantage to read. They cover a wide range of subjects and while you may already know some of the information you will be sure to find something new and hopefully invaluable.
Recent articles in ‘Recommended Reads’
- We Are Featured In The June/July Issue Of Black Beauty And Hair Magazine!
- The Only Hair Type Chart That Really Matters
- The Ultimate Hair Product Recommendations Post
- Long Healthy Natural Hair Pyramid – A Regimen At A Glance
- Long Healthy Relaxed Hair Pyramid – A Regimen At A Glance
- Understanding Flat Irons: Ceramic, Tourmaline, Ionic and Titanium
- The Best 6 Oils To Use For Your Natural Or Relaxed Hair
- My Top Eight Styling Tools For Natural Hair
- Tips To Get An Outrageously Natural Looking Weave – Part 2
- Tips To Get An Outrageously Natural Looking Weave – Part 1
This category covers our weekly roundup articles which link to hair care stories from around the web each wee, our monthly giveaways and our short and sweet posts which are humorous observations about our hair sent in by our readers.
Recent articles in ‘Extras’
- Hair Blogs Weekly Roundup Post March 8th 2014
- Hair Blogs Weekly Roundup Post March 1st 2014
- Hair Blogs Weekly Roundup Post February 22nd 2014
- Hair Blogs Weekly Roundup Post February 15th, 2014
- Hair Blogs Weekly Roundup Post February 9th, 2014
- Headband And Shea Butter Sample Packs Giveaway By The Natural Me
- Hair Blogs Weekly Roundup Post February 1st, 2014
- Hair Blogs Weekly Roundup Post Janurary 25th, 2014
- Hair Blogs Weekly Roundup Post Janurary 18th, 2014
- Hair Blogs Weekly Roundup Post Janurary 11th, 2013
NEWSLETTERS & POSTCARD TIPS
This is the archives for our popular weekly newsletter and postcard tips. In the newsletter you get an update of all the happenings on the website in the past week including articles that you may have missed. Postcard tips gives you postcard size hair tips including product recommendations. If you haven’t already done so, sign up for the newsletter here.
Recent articles in ‘Newsletters & Postcard Tips‘
- Tips To Avoid Spending A Fortune On Natural Hair – Newsletter 9th June 2013
- An Update On Our Newsletters
- Easy Clumping Routine For Your Summer Wash And Go’s – BHI Postcard Tips
- Hair Therapy Wrap Giveaway – Newsletter June 2nd 2013
- Beach & Swimming Essentials For Your Hair – BHI Postcard Tips
- 8 Tips To Get The Same Texlaxed Texture – Newsletter 26th May 2013
- Kids Hair Essentials – BHI Postcard Tips
- Secura Giveaway – Newsletter 19th May 2013
- How To Be Heat Wise – BHI Postcard Tips
- Jucing To Supercharge Your Nutrition – Newsletter 12th May 2013