Enjoy Your Hair Journey As You Grow It Long
Once basic good hair care practices have become second nature you are free to experiment with your hair. There is still plenty to learn about hair care however. For instance, learning styling techniques that help rather than hinder your length retention efforts as well as gaining a deeper understanding into the inner workings of your hair and the products you choose to use.
The point of learning the ins and outs of hair care is not to put your stylist, out of business, you can still use a stylist’s services as often as you want, but rather to get you to a point where you truly know your own hair. Once you can tell straight away whether you hair needs moisture or protein it will be plain sailing all the way to long hair nirvana!
So now you have learned how to take care of your hair and you have an excellent regimen, you will want to know how to style your hair without compromising its health. Enjoy simple protective styles along with more extravagant hairdos!
Recent articles in ‘Styling’
- Are You Thinking about Getting Crochet Braids? Here Are 5 Reasons You Should
- Would You Try It? A Critical Look At The EZ Out Weave
- A Simple Guide On The Variety Of Rollers For Fabulous Sets
- A few Options For Styling Your Box Braids
- 3 Styling Tutorials That Can Help You To Style Your New TWA
- Weave Specialist Reniece Shares Her Blow Dry Technique For Natural Hair
- 12 Ways To Tie A Head Scarf
- Top 7 Protective Styles. Which One Are You Choosing This Winter?
- My Beautician Story And A Complete Guide On How To Pick The Right Hairdresser For You
- Top 5 Picks For Inexpensive “Natural” Weaves
HAIR TREATMENTS & RECIPES
If you are a budding kitchen alchemist you will love our collection of hair moisturizing treatments & conditioners, protein treatments, masks and spritzes Home made hair products are both cost effective and you don’t have to worry about any hidden nasties!
Recent articles in ‘Hair Treatments & Recipes’
- Two DIY Leave In Conditioner Recipes that You Might Not Have Tried Yet
- 3 Reasons Sea Salt Can Be Beneficial for Your Hair [Recipe Included]
- What’s the Skinny On at Home Keratin Treatments for Longer Lasting Straight Hair?
- 4 Natural Hair Softener Recipes and Products that Every Girl Should Know
- Back to Basics: Use a Beer Rinse for Smooth, Shiny, Stronger Hair
- A Few Reasons You Should Add Coconut to Your Hair Regimen
- Two Great Cleansers For Baby And Mature Locs
- DIY Creamy Raw And Organic Hair Butter For Winter
- 4 Not-So-Famous Oils And Herbs Great For All Hair Types
- How to Make Your Own Shampoo Bars
HAIR STORIES & QUESTIONS
In this category real life women share their hair stories and experiences with BHI. They share their regimens, favorite products, hairstyles and tips for healthy hair. Learn from other women’s experiences to tweak your own regimen to perfection.
Recent articles in ‘Hair Stories & Questions’
- Hair Story – Shawn Bethea #Staystrong
- My Hair Story – Zbrowne89
- My Hair Story – Eleshia
- “When A Woman Cuts Her Hair, She Is About To Change Her Life” Big Chop #2 – My Story
- Interview With CURLS CEO Mahisha Dellinger
- My Hair Story Kimberly Nichole
- My Hair Story – Alisha
- My Hair Story – Paola Andrea
- My Hair Story – Carmine
- My Hair Story – Kami
These are special articles picked out by the editor that it would be to your advantage to read. They cover a wide range of subjects and while you may already know some of the information you will be sure to find something new and hopefully invaluable.
Recent articles in ‘Recommended Reads’
- The Only Hair Type Chart That Really Matters
- The Ultimate Hair Product Recommendations Post
- Long Healthy Natural Hair Pyramid – A Regimen At A Glance
- Long Healthy Relaxed Hair Pyramid – A Regimen At A Glance
- Understanding Flat Irons: Ceramic, Tourmaline, Ionic and Titanium
- The Best 6 Oils To Use For Your Natural Or Relaxed Hair
- My Top Eight Styling Tools For Natural Hair
- Tips To Get An Outrageously Natural Looking Weave – Part 2
- Tips To Get An Outrageously Natural Looking Weave – Part 1
- Top 8 Products For Hair Growth For Black Hair
This category covers our weekly roundup articles which link to hair care stories from around the web each wee, our monthly giveaways and our short and sweet posts which are humorous observations about our hair sent in by our readers.
Recent articles in ‘Extras’
- Hair Blogs Weekly Round Up Post February 21st 2015
- Hair Blogs Weekly Roundup Post February 14th 2015
- Hair Blogs Weekly Round Up Post February 7th 2015
- Elongtress Biotin Giveaway – 3 Reasons Biotin Was the Number 1 Supplement Used By Our Readers Last Year (CLOSED)
- Hair Blogs Weekly Roundup Post January 31st 2015
- Hair Blogs Weekly Round Up Post January 24th 2015
- Hair Blogs Weekly Round Up Post January 17th 2015
- Hair Blogs Weekly Round Up Post January 10th 2015
- Hair Blogs Weekly Roundup Post January 3rd 2015
- Join The Protective Styling Challenge 2015
NEWSLETTERS & POSTCARD TIPS
This is the archives for our popular weekly newsletter and postcard tips. In the newsletter you get an update of all the happenings on the website in the past week including articles that you may have missed. Postcard tips gives you postcard size hair tips including product recommendations. If you haven’t already done so, sign up for the newsletter here.
Recent articles in ‘Newsletters & Postcard Tips‘
- Tips To Avoid Spending A Fortune On Natural Hair – Newsletter 9th June 2013
- An Update On Our Newsletters
- Easy Clumping Routine For Your Summer Wash And Go’s – BHI Postcard Tips
- Hair Therapy Wrap Giveaway – Newsletter June 2nd 2013
- Beach & Swimming Essentials For Your Hair – BHI Postcard Tips
- 8 Tips To Get The Same Texlaxed Texture – Newsletter 26th May 2013
- Kids Hair Essentials – BHI Postcard Tips
- Secura Giveaway – Newsletter 19th May 2013
- How To Be Heat Wise – BHI Postcard Tips
- Jucing To Supercharge Your Nutrition – Newsletter 12th May 2013