Grow Your Hair To Previously Unimagined Lengths!
Now that we have done away with the largest myth in hair that black hair cannot grow long, its time to get growing. The articles in this category will help you tweak and refine your regimen to allow you to get the maximum length retention from the growth that you get.
The categories below will form the bare bones of how you will look after your hair from now on. Without a good regimen, you would find it virtually impossible to fulfill your dreams so even if you think that you know everything about haircare keep an open mind and be prepared to start off with a clean slate if need be. Haircare should be fun so don’t make it more difficult than it needs to be.
Growth is probably why you are on this website right? There is extensive advice for both natural ladies and those of you who choose to relax. Growth or rather length retention is a long term process and patience along with consistency in your regimen is advised for maximum results.
Recent articles in ‘Hair Growth’
- The Hair Type Chart – Discover Your Hair Type
- Do You Have 4 -11 Hours To Care For Natural Hair Every Week?
- A Cold Shower Can Help To Reduce Hair Shedding and Increase Hair Growth
- Three Tips to Revive Those Thinning Edges
- The Crown And Glory Method Created By Robin Woods Will Give You Maximum Growth Retention
- The Hair Growth Diet
- A Simple DIY Sulfur Hair Growth Oil Recipe
- What To Do If You Have Slow Growing Hair
- 5 Ways To Optimize Your Hair’s Strength
- What To Do When Your Hair Does Not Grow At The Rate You Think It Should
To shampoo or not to shampoo. That seems to be the question on many curly and kinky haired ladies. You want your hair to be clean but you are not crazy about how dry the shampoo makes your hair feel. So what should you do? Read articles on shampooing black hair below.
Recent articles in ‘Shampooing’
- 4 Alternatives To Sulfate Shampoo You Can Add To Your Regimen Now
- Co-Washing Is Not For Everyone
- A Little Dirt Won’t Hurt: How About a Clay Mix or Mud Wash?
- How To Use Rhassoul Clay As A Cleanser
- The Buffering Method – Yay or Nay?
- The Benefits Of And How To Clarify Your Hair
- The Difference Between Clarifying And Chelating Relaxed Hair
- Do You Need To Prepoo If You Only Wash Your Hair Once A Month?
- Protective Styling: Cleaning Your Scalp With Witch Hazel
- Back To Basics: Condition Your Hair But Shampoo Your Scalp
Deep conditioning is one of the most important aspects of black hair care. Following the ‘3 minutes then rinse off’ instructions on many conditioners is not very beneficial to black hair due to it’s naturally dry state. Our hair requires more intense moisturizing.
Recent articles in ‘Deep Conditioning’
- Which Is Better Wet Deep Conditioning Or Dry Deep Conditioning?
- The DIY Deep Conditioner For Protecting Your TWA In The Winter Weather
- How To Deep Condition Using Regular Conditioner
- Should We Co-wash Or Not? The Views Of A YouTuber Vs A Licensed Trichologist
- Start To Finish How To Henna Natural Hair
- What To Do When Your Hair Isn’t Holding On To Moisture
- Discover The Secret Of How Protein Softens Hair
- 5 Ways To Make Use Of Your Cheap Conditioners
- What Is A Light Protein Treatment And When Do You Need One?
- 5 Signs That A Conditioner Isn’t Working For Your Hair
Hair moisture in black curly and kinky hair very important to gaining strength and length. Black kinky hair particularly when in it’s natural state tens to be dry and brittle. Moisture improves elasticity preventing the hair from snapping during styling.
Recent articles in ‘Moisturizing’
- 4 Steps To Moisturize Natural Hair This Winter
- 5 DIY Hair Moisturizing Sprays
- What Is The Difference Between A Leave In Conditioner And A Moisturizer?
- Top 8 Thirst Quenching Leave In Conditioners For Your Hair
- Aloe Vera Juice Vs Aloe Vera Gel
- Fewer Ingredients Vs Quality Ingredients In Hair Products
- Q-Redew Handheld Hair Steamer 1st Impressions Type 4 Hair
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil Vs Clear Castor Oil
- 4 Super Cheap Grocery Store Oils That Work Great For Your Hair
- The Best Moisturizers For Really Dry Natural Hair – LOC Method Friendly
With a solid hair regimen, true problems in your regimen should be few and far between. You may face issues that vary from embarrassing dandruff flakes to split ends and breaking hair.
Recent articles in ‘Problems’
- 8 Reasons You Are Still Not Retaining Length
- What Is Stress Related Hair Loss And How To Deal With It
- Everything You Need To Know About Postpartum Shedding
- 5 Ways You Could Be Damaging Your Natural Hair
- Natural Remedies For Cradle Cap
- 5 Clues It’s Time For A Natural Hair Change
- The Shelf Life Of Hair And How It Relates To Your Trimming Schedule
- 8 Bad Hair Habits We Need To Break
- How To Care For High Porosity Hair
- How to Improve Your Scalp Health
Juicing is a great natural alternative to supplements to boost your nutrition in order to increase hair growth rate. Here we share the basics of juicing and share some delicious easy recipes to get you hair growth going!
Recent articles in ‘Juicing’
- A Juice Tonic for Hair Growth
- What You Should Know Before Buying A Juicer
- Juicing: A Cheat Sheet Of Tips You Cannot Do Without
- Three Juicy Recipes That Will Render Your Hair Growth Supplements Unnecessary
- A-Z of Hair Growth Vitamins And Their Natural Alternatives
- Juicing: How You Can Supercharge Your Nutrition Naturally