What protective style should I wear on vacation

Hello to my beautiful naturals!

I am going to the Bahamas and I plan to spend a lot of time at the beach and in the pool.  I don’t know what to do with my hair.  My hair is below shoulder length and my premier style is mini twists.  I am trying to decide if I should get a mini twist weave or just wear my natural hair is medium size braids.  I am concerned about the chlorine and the salt water damaging my hair.  Is there anyway to protect my precious locks during this time?  Help!

Thanks, Kathy.

Category: asked August 21, 2013

2 Answers

Hi love, first of all arent you lucky!!! When I go home (Jamaica) I typically just wash and go because of the sea, sand and pools. My suggestion would be the mini-twists with a weave, because its low maintenance and it actually might be easier to rinse/wash your hair with that protective style. If you just use your hair, you might run the risk of fuzzy twists ..you know what I mean? hope you have a great time love!

P

I think you are right.  I will be rinsing my hair out after swimming so my hair will be better protected  from the frizz with the weave.  And yes I plan to have a great time!  Looking forward to going back to Jamaica too.  Thank you sweetie!