How do you grow hair long? Our long natural hair growth website will help you get more information hair growth secrets to help you reach your goals.
So you are interested in beginning your journey to healthy long locks? Wonderful! Let me put your mind at ease straight away by stating categorically that your hair CAN grow long regardless of your genetic makeup or hair texture. BlackHairInformation.com is dedicated to helping all women of color grow long hair whether their hair is natural or relaxed.
If you have landed on this page and you don’t really have time to read right now, bookmark it now so you can come back. This is not going to be some light afternoon reading, it’s a comprehensive method of growing natural black hair and relaxed hair long so if that is your ultimate goal you’ll want to give it your full attention when you have the time.
Ready to carry on? Ok then….
From the most fragile relaxed hair to the kinkiest coarse natural hair, I will show you step by step how to grow your hair long. Join our newsletter today for ongoing tips on caring for your hair and gaining the length you deserve. Enter you email address in the form below.
Now let’s get started . . .
As with everything else in life, there is no one-size-fits-all approach. You and thousands of other women have all reached a point where you ask yourselves, “how do you grow hair long?”. Even within families from the same gene-pool, hair texture can vary substantially so my aim is to get you to a stage where you understand your own hair’s needs at different points during your healthy hair journey (HHJ) in order to help you achieve what you are here for; how to get long hair.
Before we begin, you can find out a bit more about me by visiting my personal blog. Long story short, I grew out my perpetually stuck at shoulder-length relaxed length hair to healthy waist length natural hair in four and a half years. Don’t let the straight hair fool you, I usually wear natural hairstyles most often! I am confident that as the principles I will outline below worked for me, they will work for you too!
To begin with I would like to start by dispelling a few hair myths.
1. Your hair doesn’t grow – Of course it does. Everyone’s hair grows, it’s as simple as that! If you hair appears the same length year after year it is simply that it is breaking at the same rate as it’s growing so you are not retaining any significant length.
2. Long hair is genetic – While there is a genetic component that determines how fast your hair grows (between 4-6 inches a year), only your hair habits will determine how long it will remain. You could have the fastest growing hair but if your hair is breaking at the same rate that it grows, it remains the same length. My own hair grew to waist length even though I only get 4 inches a year!
3. You have to have be natural to grow your hair long – Nope, you certainly don’t have to be natural to grow your hair long! Relaxed hair can grow to be every bit as long, thick and luxurious with proper care. I generally recommend that you seriously consider going natural because it is much easier to achieve your length goals, not to mention that natural hair rocks! Still there’s no rule that says that you have to.
So let me get you started on your healthy hair journey . . .
Now onto how I can help YOU grow your hair long. Below are the exact steps you need to follow to grow your hair long and healthy whether you are relaxed or natural. All the information that you need is on this website and each step below is linked to further reading material to give you a deeper understanding of the process.
Jump to section:
- Step 1: Set your hair goals
- Step 2: Wash your hair at least once a week
- Step 3: Moisturize and seal daily
- Step 4: Get protein treatments every 6 – 8 weeks
- Step 5: Use appropriate hair care products & tools
- Step 6: Style your hair for success
- Step 7: Get Started! Develop a solid hair care routine/regimen
- Step 8: Get hair type specific advice – Natural Hair Articles
- Step 9: Get hair type specific advice – Relaxed Hair Articles
- ✔︎ Discover the truth about black hair growth
- ✔︎ Identify tips that you can start using today
- ✔︎ No expensive products to buy
- ✔︎ Perfect for beginners!